Monday, May 18, 2009

May 18 - 22, 2009

WOW!! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful class and wonderful parents. This past week I was completely overwhelmed with your kindness and generosity. Each flower, note, sweet treat and gift was very much appreciated! I can't thank each of you enough for making me feel so special. I also want to thank the PTA who served the faculty lunch on Thursday and to Sarah Sheffield who came and kept the children while I went to the luncheon. You all are the BEST! Thank you so much!!

I can't believe that there are only 7 days of school left...is seems as though we just started last week. I am so very impressed and excited how far all of these students have come this year. I truly believe that all of these student will go very far in life. I have been blessed with an amazing group of students this year. I am so sad to see them go, but I am very confident that they will do well in 2nd grade.

We had Honor's Day today. Every student took home an award. If you were not able to attend, please check the B.E.E. book, where you should find your child's award.

This week will consist of some work. Although, I will not take any grades this week. We will be taking care of some make up work and trying to complete those last assessments prior to moving to 2nd grade. If you have questions or need any information, please feel free to contact me.

I spoke with Mrs. Green today, there will not be an end of the year party. We will have ice cream on the last day of school as a treat. I hope that you can make it to school that day and enjoy ice cream with us!

UPCOMING EVENTS:
May 22nd: Grades must be posted.
May 25th: Memorial Day Holiday - No School!
May 28th: Last Day for Students!
May 29th: Teacher Workday!
May 30th: 1st day of summer...for me! WOOHOO!!

Thank you for all that you have done this year!
Ms. Messick

No comments: