Friday, August 17, 2018

Place Value and Rounding

We have begun a new school year. Hope that you have enjoyed your summer and are ready to get back into the groove of school!

We are starting off our Math Lessons with some place value review and rounding. This week we were rounding to the nearest 10...next week we will tackle to the nearest 100. This can be tricky...but eventually they all catch on. You will see this skill for quite some time on homework to insure extra practice and keeping the skill fresh.

We watched a video this week on Khan Academy about rounding to the nearest 10. I have added it below to help you understand how we went about figuring out how to round the numbers. I know it can be tough, as the parent, to help your child at home. There are also some links on my school website to other websites that can be helpful for practice. I hope this helps you in being able to help your student. Let me know if you need more.

I am hoping for a successful and productive year!

Mrs. Morris

Place value video from Khan Academy...



Rounding to the nearest 10 video from Khan Academy...


No comments: