Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Working Hard???Hardly Working!!!

It is summer time...shouldn't I be playing?? How is it that I am working my hiney off??? I have gotten my self into several new endeavors this summer. One being my TPT store. I am enjoying making things, but don't want to post too many that I have not actually tried in my classroom. I have redone the ReadWell K homework pages. I have made them in two packets...Units 1 to 10 and Units 11 to 20. I hope that if you teach ReadWell K, you find these items useful.

I have also been working on a website with a former principal of mine. It is aligned with Common Core and will be a wealth of resources for teachers and homeschoolers everywhere! When I get the go ahead to link it up I will. It has all kinds of resources...including SmartBoard files, worksheets, website links, songs and videos. You will want to be able to access this when it is complete. We are hoping to release grades k through 5 sometime in August! So, that is what I have been spending most of my time working on.

I am so excited that I will get to reenter my classroom next week. This summer our district decided that our floors needed waxing and I completely agree with them. I am so excited that I will have clean and beautifully waxed floors to welcome all my new Kinder friends. I have so much that I want to get in and change and do in my classroom...so Monday can not get here soon enough. Only problem is that I can't put any of my classroom furniture back in place myself. I am not allowed to lift anything over 10 pounds for about 4 more weeks...since I had to have my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago. Doc says that MAYBE by the time school starts I can try a few things...but I MUST take it easy. So, I guess I will be giving anyone who is willing a good workout! One day I will be able to return the favor!

Hope you are having a fabulous and fun summer!
Jen

No comments: