Friday, March 13, 2009

March 9th - 13th, 2009

I want to start by apologizing for not posting anything this week. I truly am sorry that I have not been on the ball with this. I think that I have Spring Fever...like many of the students!

This week we talked about /y/ as in Yarn...we also did some work on Yaks. Toward the end of the week we wrote about leprechauns and four leaf clovers. Thank you for allowing your child to wear their field trip shirt. We looked so cute as a green class! It worked out great that we had this color shirt!

In Math this week we began working on Money. This is a hard concept for the students to grasp. Please work with your child over Spring Break...we have only started counting pennies, nickels, and dimes. We have mixed pennies and nickels and pennies and dimes...no combining the three! Help the students remember that we count nickels by 5s and dimes by 10s. We are going to take Money as slowly as possible.

I realize we did not take many AR tests this week. With the library closed for the book fair, we did not have an opportunity to check out books. I would have allowed the students to check out my books, but most of them are reading beyond my classroom library. We did, however, go to the library today (Friday) and check out new library books so that they would have something new to read over the break. Everyone should be prepared to test on Tuesday, March 24th.

I wanted to alert you to a meeting you may want to attend. The school system unveiled the new zoning for the opening of Wilson. Here is a link to the new zones . There will be a meeting at Blount on Monday, March 23rd at 6pm. If you have questions or concerns, please plan to attend. Comments may also be emailed to zones@mps.k12.al.us by March 31.

I hope that you have a WONDERFUL Spring Break! See you in 10 days!

Ms. Messick

No comments: